Monday, November 5, 2007

She is stunning!

I am all about the eyes. They are really the focal point of most of my work. I am constantly watching them, through my lens, during sessions. Sometimes they connect and I am not quick enough to nail the shot, but more often than not, I get it!

In a post below I talk about photos of "no smiles," how they move me. This is one of those photos. No smile here, but still a very pleasant, relaxed expression. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE smiles! LOVE them! But I love this kind of photo too. A beautiful portrait of an even more beautiful girl. :)



People ask often ask what I do to the eyes. How do I make them stand out? Why are they so sparkly? There are a couple of things that I do. One is proper exposure. If the photo is too dark, the eyes will be too and you will lose that "sparkle." The other is that I use a very shallow depth of field. Often the eyes in my photos will be the sharpest thing with the other details fading softly out of focus. Your eyes naturally go to the sharpest part of a photo and in most cases, in my photos, it is the eyes. :)

So there you have it. My secret to eye sparkles. :)

No comments: